Monday, March 7, 2005

Rodeo Houston

Okay, so I did go to the Charlie Daniels/Neal McCoy/ Lee Greenwood concert at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.  Neal was awesome, got the crowd real into the show.  Charlie and the guys were good, but it was obvious Charlie is aging.  And Lee, well, I won't go there.  All in all an okay night.

Two days later, we decided to take the kids to the fair at the Rodeo.  Before we got to the ticket booth, we were stopped by a scalper (did I just say that?) and bought four tickets ($15 each) for GROUND LEVEL seats, 5th row, to see Gretchen Wilson.  My 10 year old daughter started screaming and jumping up and down when she heard who she would be seeing that evening.  I was happy for her, as I know she really wanted to see Gretchen, but the concert had been sold out. 

The show was AWESOME!!!!  The place was packed and she put on a performance to end all performances.  We really lucked into that event.

We ate tons of crap that would kill us it we made regular diets of what we ate, rode a few rides, spent a bazillion dollars and saw a GREAT show.  If anyone gets a chance to see Gretchen, go for it.  You won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW, that all sounds like FUN! Can I go next time? LOL  I thought it was cute how your daughter got all excited, I loved watching my children when they got that excited about something.

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

so glad u had a good time..
Missy