Saturday, November 12, 2005

J-Land Magazine Assignment

Weekend Assignment #85: What magazines do you subscribe to and why? This assumes you currently subscribe to a magazine or two, of course, but I'm reasonably confident most of us do. If you don't have any current subscriptions, however, you can list some of your most recent subscriptions or magazines you want to subscribe to.

Extra Credit: What was your first magazine subscription?

This was a rather eye-opening assignment, John.  I really had to do some cerebral work on this one.  I looked around my home and realized I don't have any current magazine subscriptions.  Then I wondered why.  Where do I get my news and information?  Home decorating ideas?  Parenting advice?  Juicy gossip?  Ahhh...it struck me like a brick between the eyes; Internet!  Yes, I have succumbed to the Information Highway, this new-fangled thing they call the computer world.

I detest watching the news on the television.  My husband watches enough of the news for both of us, being a news junkie.  Besides that, I hold a firm belief that we are fed only what the media decides is news; not necessarily what could be construed as "truth."

Jumping off my soapbox now, for Extra Credit, I jumped over to Google, my place for information, and did a search on the magazine below.  Yes, I'm dating myself again, but to be honest my very first magazine subscription was Tiger Beat, admittedly for the posters of David Cassidy and  Donny Osmond.  My bedrooom wall was papered top to bottom with my heart throbs.  How did my mother survive my obsessions? 

Thanks, John, for the time warp.  I don't think you intended it this way, but it was a fun twist.

                       

No comments: