Wednesday, January 10, 2007

One Year (or so) Later...

So, here it is one year later (almost) and this is the first time I've sat down to pen..er...peck out my thoughts into my journal.  Since I can't recall what I last posted, except the blurb on being careful what we say to our children, I'll just give a brief recap of the past year.  As you may or may not recall I published my first book.  I'm pretty pleased with it and with myself for following through and actually getting it onto my own bookshelf at home.  A few close friends and family members own their own personal copies, but that's about it. It's my own short stories and poems and who besides my friends and family would be interested anyway?

The next book is in the works and this one, I hope, will go public and make me a millionaire. HA!  Anyway, it deals with a very "now" topic and I believe will be of help to lots of people who suffer with anxiety and fear in their lives.  I'd go into more detail, but I think I'll let you wait and read the book. :-)

My oldest daughter, who left with my grandchildren for Germany on 9/7/05, came out to Houston for a week-long visit. I was so happy to see her and we had a great time visiting!  She was in shock and awe with all the variety of brands that our local Wal-Mart stocks.  Yes, she is from here and has been to Wal-Mart on numerous occasions, but she has been away, in exile if you ask her, for the past 15 months.  All in all the visit was very nice and a little sad. I sure didn't want to see her go again.  Here she is lying on her little sister's bed hugging our new puppy, Winnie.

Below are all three of my kids, who have not all seen each other (except the two youngest who live and bicker together every day):

My youngest daughter has taken a passion for the saxophone and has made First Chair five tests in a row so far.  She hopes to be promoted to Symphonic Band in the next school year, bypassing the next step for band, Concert Band.  We told her if she makes Symphonic Band, we'll gift her with a shiney new saxophone - no more used, rented sax!

No comments: